A few days ago, after E received his first spanking, we could tell that he was processing what had happened. For example, when Paul would pat his behind as an expression of affection (which he often does), E would get mad at P. He would frown and say, "Ah-pa, I don't like that!"
He was pretty sad when he received his first spanking. He said to me that day after some time had passed, "Mom, I'm still sad." Of course, I was sad too.
As it was evident that he was processing what had happened, I asked him after a couple of days, whether he was was still sad. Here's the conversation:
Me: "Elijah, are you still sad about getting spanking?"
E: "No mom. I'm happy now!"
Me: "I'm glad to hear that."
Pause....
E: "But mom, sometimes I like spanking because I don't lose my privileges!"
This little guy is a thinker. He is thinking all the time! I couldn't believe the connection he made.... I feel like he's a two and a half year old emotionally, but verbally and cognitively, he acts like a four year old...
Potty Training is going well. Elijah has been pretty much going to the potty on his own to pee. But, for some weird reason, he is pooping in his underwear or will tell us he has to go to the potty as he is in the middle of doing it. Hopefully, we can help him to not do that! :) He even tells us while we are out if he has to go and if he doesn't want to go, he holds it until we get home.
To help him motivated to go to the potty on his own or to tell us if he needed, I made a potty goal sheet where each time he would go to potty on his own or tell us, he would get a sticker. The reward: a bumper car ride at a local amusement park! Was he motivated? Oh my yes! Today, he reached the goal (28 stickers) and tomorrow (if the weather is cooler) we will take him to ride the bumper car.
I've been wanting to get Elijah a tricycle or some form of a bike. I think maybe we will make that his next motivator/reward to help him poop in the potty on his own! I'm very proud of him with the progress.
He is growing up so quickly.... I'll add photos another time.
No comments:
Post a Comment