About a week ago, I thought I heard Sophianne utter, "um-ma." But, I thought, "No....she's too young." But this week, she's been saying it consistently. "Um-mamama." I love it!!
Rena has been babbling a lot recently. Today, I heard clearly, "Ah-pa. Ah-pa." Then, she would say, "dadada." Elizabeth, our house help also heard it too and said, "She said, ah-pa." Awesome!
Isn't it funny how one girl said "um-ma" (mommy in Korean) and the other said, "ah-pa" (daddy in Korean).
Our girls are growing up fast. They fight sleep like crazy, especially Rena. She already is showing signs of separation anxiety. She cries when I am not around or if a stranger takes her. She gets around by rolling. It's really fun to watch and she loves doing it too. Rena's sense of humor is already evident. A couple of days ago, she was laughing watching Elijah dance....it was hilarious to watch her reaction. She's very playful.
Sophianne is about to crawl. She's been scooting for about a week pushing her self along with her body and head. But, today, she got up on all fours and looked like she is ready to crawl. She also lunges forward with her body. Once she starts moving, I think we're going to be chasing her around.
She's a little more serious than Rena so unless it's really funny, she doesn't laugh. Her personality is definitely a little more intense. Recently, she's been more frustrated with nursing as my let-down of breat milk has been slower with illness and just not having a lot of milk. She would sometimes refuse to nurse but gulp down the formula. So we have been feeding her formula sometimes twice a day instead of only once.
They both love playing peek a boo! They also are giggling and laughing so much more now. I love that they are getting bigger.
I decided to wait a little bit before we try the solids again. They just don't seem very ready for it and I think maybe waiting another month or two might not be a bad idea. I can't believe they are six months old now!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment