I am WAY behind in my blog but with very limited internet access right now, I am unable to post much. This week people are celebrating the biggest Hindu festival so we don't think we will be able to have someone at our place to get internet installed. But, hopefully by next week, we will have internet access at home.
There is so much to write about.....our first earthquake in India, our new place, how much the girls have grown, and of course, I have to post pictures! Hopefully, soon.
However, I want to make sure I don't forget this one so I want to jot it down. Elijah's sense of humor is blossoming and it has been really fun to watch. He has his dad's wit. Paul has been making up simple jokes and sharing them with Elijah. Here are a few examples:
"There were two pancakes. One pancake asked the other pancake, 'how are you feeling today?' The other pancake said, 'I am feeling pretty flat.'"
"There were two oatmeals who went to go watch a movie. One oatmeal said to the other, "How was the movie?" The other oatmeal said, "It was kind of mushy."
"There were two elevators. One elevator asked the other elevator, "how are you feeling today?" The other elevator answered, "I'm feeling down."
You can see a pattern to the jokes that Paul has been telling Elijah. Then Elijah goes on and says, here's a joke. "There were two airplanes. One airplane asked the other airplane, "How are you feeling today?" The other airplane answered, "I am feeling up!"
This is Elijah's first joke that he made up and shared with us. We were pretty floored that he made up his own joke following the pattern that Paul has been sharing....
Oh yes, and we are trying to teach him that he is not supposed to laugh at his own joke. :) He does this fake really loud laugh because he knows that jokes are supposed to make you laugh.
No comments:
Post a Comment