Our son is a careful observer and these days we hear our voices through him as he is playing or responding to us. Today, P and I had a good laugh or two as we listened to E playing by himself....
He was playing baby with one of the stuffed animals. Suddenly we hear him say to his doggie which has become his baby, "I need to pump." He had his shirt off so he finds one of his nipple, puts a straw on it, and says, I'm pumping.... We had a good laugh.
After a few minutes, he gets up and takes the doggie into another room. As he goes, he says, "You're getting a time out!"
As he is playing with his trains, he tells Thomas, "Be patient." Today, I had told E that we need to be patient and wait as we were waiting for Judy who went to get some utensils and an apple juice during lunch for him at the Long Beach Aquarium.
Yesterday morning, he woke up and tells me that he is hungry and thirsty. "I want to eat mommy." P and I were both really tired from our multiple wakings at night and we wanted to stay in bed a little longer. So, I said to E, "I'm going to stay in bed a little longer and then I will make you breakfast." Elijah responds with these words, "Mom, that is not an option!"
No comments:
Post a Comment