Sophianne is sick and she is currently at Huntington Memorial for observation. I noticed that three days ago, she seemed congested and was having harder time nursing because of it. She also didn't look well so I took her temperature. It came back negative in terms of fever. I took her in on Wed. to see a doctor for a different reason because she was spitting up more and wondered if she was having acid reflux issue. I got medication for that and I mentioned to her that she seemed more congested and maybe was wheezing. She checked but seemed like there was nothing going on. Then, today, she seemed like she was wheezing a lot and seemed working really hard to breathe. I shared my concern with P that I feel like she's getting worse and he agreed. So we called the pediatrician again and had the nurse listen to her breathing sound over the cell phone. She told us to come in and we took her in. The nurse took her temperature and she had a fever. The doctor noticed that she was breathing hard and that her heart rate was high. She said her oxygen saturation was doing fine so we didn't need to call the ambulance to transport her to Huntington Memorial. But, she wanted to admit Sophianne for observation to make sure that she's observed and monitored. Their main concern is that babies get worse before they get better and if she gets worse, it can be pretty bad, especially since she was premmie. So, she's now at Huntington Memorial with P over night and I'm back home with Elijah and Rena.
Elijah is now on a walking cast for a sprain or a fracture of his leg. He has not been able to put any weight on his right leg and the concern was that if a two year old is not doing that for 3 plus days, something is wrong. I guess if it was a minor sprain, it would heal really quickly. Now, he's walking gingerly around with the cast on.
We've been busy the last few days running back and forth to the doctor's office.....We are praying for healing and quick recovery for all our kids.
The girls also turned one month old today. It's weird how they are one month old but they have yet to reach their due date of March 15th....Chronologically they are one month old, but in actuality they are negative five days old...
No comments:
Post a Comment