Monday, August 13, 2012

While daddy is away in India....

Paul left for India last Tuesday. So, it has been almost a week without him. So far, we have been managing alright. We miss him a lot though.

Elijah went up to spend a week at grandma and grandpa's house up at The Sea Ranch. I am so proud of our three and a half year old. What a big boy he is to go up there all by himself. He loves his grandparents and he's having a great time. It is precious that he gets to spend some one on one time with them. He also forgot to take King Babar, who is one of his children (that's what he calls his two favorite stuffed animals, the other one being Steggi, a name for his Stegosaurus). King Babar is the favorite of the two and I had to UPS it up north to for him. I think he's supposed to arrive on Tuesday. I chuckled when Elijah asked if he can see his King Babar over skype.

It has been very interesting to watch the response of the girls in having their ah-pa and big brother away from home. I can tell that they miss them. Rena misses her ah-pa and when ever she sees his picture, she says, "Mama!" (She calls him mama.) Sophianne misses Elijah. She calls for him a lot. Whenever she sees my laptop, she says, "Elijah!" She wants me to call him. She sits in Elijah's carseat in the van. She says, "Elijah" as she walks around the house. I had expected Rena to be the one who would be missing the two guys more because Sophianne always seemed more independent, but she really misses her big brother. It has been sweet to watch.

It's been a nice break for me to just have two kids at home, but I can tell that I am ready to have both boys home now. It is very clear that our family is not complete without them.


No comments:

Post a Comment