Today, I took all three kids to the indoor play area in a mall in the afternoon to beat the heat. They love going out and it's a place where I can watch all three kids by myself fairly easily because it is a contained area and child-proof (or big accident proof). It also doesn't have toy options so I don't have to deal with sharing anything except just space.
Elijah is usually happy to do whatever on his own. He was playing a game of chase with some kids today while his sisters practiced climbing. I had my moment of being a very proud mommy. I heard him a couple of times telling other bigger kids who were sharing the same space, "Hey, my sister is behind you. Watch out for her." And the boys would actually turn around and notice that there was a small toddler behind him. I was so proud of Elijah to see him taking proactive actions to protect his sisters. He is really growing up to be a big brother.
I am proud of you, Elijah. It shows the heart of God when we look to care for those who are weaker and smaller than us.
No comments:
Post a Comment