Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Too Many Milestones!

So that I have a record of the girls milestones:

They started toddling shortly after March 15th. I can't remember the exact date but I remember thinking to myself that they probably will start around the one year mark-- when they "should have" been born had they not been premature. And, they did. Rena loves to toddle. Sophianne started to toddle as soon as she saw her sister doing it.

GO!! Sophianne's favorite word.
THAT! Rena's favorite word.

It's funny to watch them both show affection to each other and get angry and bite each other. They both love their big brother Elijah. They love calling for him.

It's been sweet to watch Elijah interact with his sisters more. He's becoming more and more affectionate with them. Sometimes, when I'm wondering why one of his sisters is not doing something, he would often provide a response or an answer.

Both girls don't want anyone else except mommy when they get woken up from their sleep. They get so mad when dad or someone else comes in to comfort them.

They are starting to imitate. Rena especially is a very observant child. She imitates a lot!

Sophianne is an independent player who likes to roam around and do whatever thing that interests her. She is also our "wild child," we call her. She has given us a few heart attacks already and has had a few bruises to show for too. When she's mad, wow, can she flail!! She's also our co-sleeping girl. She wants to sleep with us and when she's not, she always wakes up multiple times looking for us. We decided that we don't mind her having her sleep with us because we sleep better when she does. So, now, she sleeps with us.

Rena is a girly-girl. She likes girly hats and headbands. Cute to watch. She's also the one who gives affectionate pats on head and kisses.

Elijah has become an amazing builder of boats using legos. I have to post some photos of his creations. They're elaborate and even color coordinated. He can play imaginative play for hours.

I love our little munchkins. I can't imagine my life without them.

I will post some pictures later.

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful to hear how each of your little ones are developing their unique personalities and interests. I am like you in that there are several milestones to report. I need to get blogging myself about Iris. Thanks for your posts.

    ReplyDelete