Yesterday, we took Rena and Sophianne for their immunization shots. We weighed them both and Sophianne officially has surpassed her twin sister in weight. Sophianne is eating really well. She is now eating kicheri (which according to the Super Baby Food book, is the porridge that she writes about). I am amazed at how much she can eat. Our baby girl who struggled with acid reflux is healthy and eating great. We are so thankful. She is now 7kg (15 pounds 6.9 oz)
Rena on the other hand is not doing so great. She hasn't lost any weight and perhaps she has gained a little--although it's hard to know since she is wearing more clothes now when on the scale. She is not taking any solids. I guess I'll just keep offering and hope that she will take it. Of course, I can't help but to wonder what could be the cause.... is it because she has had some bad experience orally where someone tried to force something into her mouth like a pacifier, a bottle, food, etc. when she didn't want it? I don't know....
I've contacted the occupational therapist who worked with her while in the NICU at Glendale Adventist and she is working on a treatment plan for Rena. I'm praying that she would begin taking solids soon....She is nursing well. I was hoping to have both girls weaned shortly after they turn one years old, but it might not happen if Rena will not take anything besides breastmilk.
We are also in this stage of life where when one kid gets sick, everyone gets sick. I am praying that this winter will not be a season of rotating colds.....but who knows, with big brother Elijah in preschool, it may become so.
Elijah took his first de-worming medicine today. He's been complaining of how his tummy feels weird for a few weeks. We finally took him in to see the doctor with the girls and the doctor recommended that we give him medicine for worms. Gross.... Our friends told us that they de-worm their kids every six months whether they have symptoms or not just as a precautionary measure. I think we might need to do that too now.
We have lots of fun photos to post.....one day!!
No comments:
Post a Comment