7/29/11
Elijah peed on his dad today after his shower. Paul asked me to bring him a towel because his son just peed on him. I asked Elijah, "Elijah, why did you pee on your dad?" His reply, "Because I wanted to...."
7/2/11
I feel like in the last few days I have seen significant growth in Elijah's ability to think logically and articulate them. Sometimes, I feel like he's a two year old going on to thirteen or something. Furthermore, I am seeing how much he is "repeating" what we say and who we are and what we say are being reflected back to us.
I want to keep a record of as many funny and clever things that come out of this little guy's mouth....
E: "Ah-pa, ah-pa!! Come and look the helmet!"
P: "Not now, Elijah."
E: "Ah-pa. You have two options. You can go play legos in my room or come and look at the helmet."
HA!!! This kid is smart and turned our strategy back on us! Ah-pa chose to go and look at the helmet.
E: "Ah-pa! I want to make God out of Lego."
P: "You know, we cannot make God out of Lego because we don't know what God looks like because He is everywhere."
(This conversation went on three or four times....)
P: "I can make Jesus though."
E: "Can you make him with a smiley face?"
P: "Sure."
After they had finished making Jesus with a smiley face, Elijah was making something else.
P: "Elijah, what are you making now?"
E: "I'm making electricity."
P: "That is also hard to represent with Lego. Subatomic particles passing through conductive elements...."
Elijah has been really enjoying rhyming. He would sometimes make up words to rhyme with certain words. We were eating spaghetti, and P said, you can eat it "bit by bit."
E: "Bit! Shit-muffin!"
Both parents ended up laughing really hard while E was left asking, "What did I say?"
No comments:
Post a Comment